Out of this world insurance advice

Homeowners Insurance in Essex

Speak to an experienced mortgage astronaut

  • Appointments 7-days a week
  • FREE, no obligation quotes
  • Support throughout the entire process
  • 5-star rated service

Do I Need Home Insurance?

Becoming a homeowner is extremely exciting and a huge accomplishment. From finding the perfect property to moving in and making it feel like home, there’s so much to look forward to. It’s also one of the largest purchases that most people will make in their lifetime. Saving for a deposit and budgeting for the costs associated with buying a property and moving home can take a lot of dedication. For these reasons, it’s vital that you take out home insurance. This type of insurance is designed to financially protect your property and personal belongings. Home insurance is made up of buildings insurance and contents insurance. You can buy these policies separately or you can combine the two. Mortgage lenders will usually insist that you have a buildings insurance policy to protect the property that you are buying. 

For more information about home insurance, get in touch and speak to one of our highly-knowledgeable, experienced team members. We'll be happy to guide you through the process and help you find the most suitable insurance deal. You'll be another step closer to landing your dream home!

Home Insurance Guide

Home Insurance Companies

What is Buildings Insurance? 

Buildings insurance is a policy designed to cover the structure of your property and the permanent fixtures and fittings. If the structure of your property is unexpectedly damaged by an event you’re insured for and needs to be repaired, or rebuilt, then you’ll be covered. It’s important to check what your policy covers. You may find that you’re protected in the event of a fire, flood, storms, falling trees or vandalism. Some insurers may give you the option to add additional occurrences to your policy for extra protection. You’ll need to ensure that you have buildings insurance in place from the date of completion. This is the date that you’ll be financially responsible for the property which means that you will be liable for any losses if anything unexpected happens. 

What is Contents Insurance? 

Contents insurance covers the possessions inside of your home. This might include items like furniture, clothes, carpets and household appliances. If you have high-value items, then you may be required to specify these on your policy. Similarly, you may find that you have to take out specialist insurance for some items that are not covered under a standard contents insurance policy. Generally, contents insurance covers possessions in your home that are stolen or damaged as a result of fire, floods and vandalism. However, we highly recommend checking through your policy and being clear on your provider’s definition of ‘contents’ and what is and isn’t included. 

There are many stars in our Universe

Ready to launch

Can I get a mortgage?

Find your planet mortgage

I'm ready let's do it

Mortgage Brokers in Colchester

Home Insurance Advice

Here at Planet Mortgages, we're committed to ensuring that the home buying journey is as stress-free as possible. Our experienced team will be there to guide you through the entire process. From finding you the best mortgage deal to helping you secure home insurance, you won't have to face this mission alone. Get in touch today and let us help you land your dream home!

As with all insurance policies, conditions and exclusions will apply.